Sunday 8 January 2012

SYL Week 1 - Reflecting on 2011

So after typing, deleting, thinking "god that sounds stupid", retyping.... reading.... deleting... I am just going to do this! Thats what this is all about! DOING THINGS and not worrying about what people are thinking, or if i am going to fail!

2011 - The year of uneven ground, uncertaintly, emotions, happiness, pregnancy, promotions, study, birth, motherhod, decisions... the list goes on!

The year started out with a lovely family holiday at the beach. Life was perfect! My husband (who I will refer to as Mr T), our daughter (Miss A) and I relaxed, played, and just enjoyed quality time together as a small family. We had been trying for another baby for about 6 months, but it just wasnt happening for us. Obviously the time was just not right for us.

We returned home... then it started to rain... and rain... and rain! Within a week, we went from a happy and relaxed family, to a stressed, emotinal and uncertain family as the threat of floods headed towards us. We prepared as well as we could. Stocked up on as much as we could, had an evacuation plan in place, had our valuables ready to pick up and go! During these few uncertain and rocky weeks, I discovered I was pregnant - finally!! Talk about mixed emotions!! Happy, scared, emotional, uncertain... all mixed together!

Once everything settled down, we took the time to fully digest that we were going to become a family of 4!! We were over the moon! I started to work out dates.... and discovered I was due 5 weeks before my sisters wedding... which was overseas! So yet again, I was faced with mixed emotions. Over the moon I was pregnant, uncertain if I would be able to attend my sisters wedding and fullfill the job of being her only bridesmaid, and really.... I just ready to crawl in a hole and wait for the year to finish! Breaking the news to my family should have been an exciting time for us, but instead I was scared! Scared of what they would think. Scared of letting my only sister down. Scared of their reaction! I know my mother too well, and her possible reaction REALLY scared me! Thankfully they were happy, and excited to be getting a second grandchild, although I could tell the possibility of me not being able to attend the wedding was playing on their minds.

I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes again, just like with my first. The Dr said this would play a major factor if I would be able to fly at 35 weeks. So basically, we just had to wait and see how things panned out, and how I was coping. It wasnt until 2 weeks before the wedding that he said he would be happy for me to go. What a relief!

We spent a lovely week overseas and enjoyed every moment! 2 weeks after returning, I had a baby boy via c-section (Mr O).  He is a perfect baby, and totally completes our family!

The year 2011 dealt us many hurdles, but we conquered all. Mr T and I became closer, we realised what was important to us, and what people and things were dragging us down. We came out on top after a very stressfull year for many reasons, and know that we can face anything that is put in front of us, and conquere it! We are a great team!! On top of that, I received a promotion at work, completed a diploma, survived a c-section staying awake for the whole procedure (required a general for my first), started putting a routine in place at home, and made the decision to make 2012 the year for me!! The year of self discovery and dedication to allowing myself to grow!

So, as I finish my "year in review", I feel elated that we made it through, I feel energised for the year ahead, and I feel greatful for the negatives that we were faced with, because if it wasnt for them, I would not have discovered my full potential, and had the opportunity to shine and start heading in the direction that I am meant to!

Good bye 2011 and a big hello to you 2012 - lets make the most of this journey!!

xx xx

http://www.homelifesimplified.com.au/52-weeks-to-simplify-your-life-challenge/

5 comments:

  1. What an inspiring post. You should never worry about - what others will think - when they read your post, as it is your place to write, feel and think! Well done on having the courage to publish!!!!

    www.pjg2012.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you Paula! Its amazing how doing something so simple, like posting a blog can increase confidence! Thank you again for your kind words! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a year for you! Loved reading your story. Sounds like 2012 will be a great year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a year - so much change and you thrived through it all - sounds like 2012 will be very exciting for you and full of change in a different way. welcome to the challenge and to blogging - write for you is the only advice i will offer - make it your place to reflect and process and just get support as it comes.

    Deb @ home life simplified

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a busy year for you and your family. 2011 was the year that I stopped and figured out who and what was weighing me down as well. I've started 2012 a couple of friends lighter but a whole lot more relaxed and happier. All the best to you for the rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete